Salade de tomates
Nothing says summer like fresh vine-ripened tomatoes. So, when a girlfriend offered some from her garden, I was thrilled to accept. This was the perfect opportunity to try a classic summer salad that I love, but have never prepared: a tomato salad.
Refreshing, flavorful, and healthy, this quick and easy recipe comes from one of my favorite everyday French cooking websites and is absolutely perfect.
- Wash and quarter four tomatoes and place them in a bowl.
- Chop one half of a small red onion and add it to the bowl.
- Chop ten stems of fresh cilantro, five stems of fresh chives and add them to the bowl.
- Carefully blend the ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, prepare a vinaigrette by mixing one table spoon of olive oil and one table spoon of white vinegar, a dash of salt, and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the tomato, onion, herb mixture.
- Blend carefully and serve.